I am finally getting down to the nitty-gritty on finalizing the print edition of Hitchhikers. I’ve got 3 proof copies to give away so I am offering them up on Goodreads.
The issues were mostly with my cover: I wanted the background image to wrap around to the back, and to have that black stripe across the front meet the spine edge, so that took a couple of tries. Then in my second attempt I realized I had forgotten to put my last name on the spine, and also that in the book text I had left the first print edition date as being October 2013. Once I’d changed all of that, I found that I still had page numbering issues. BUT – it will definitely be ready to go by Feb. 1!
In other news, I’ve just gotten Kayla out of a bad situation in Dreamwalkers and I’ve been better this week about my 500-words per day goal. Hopefully by Feb. 1 I’ll have a first draft finished and ready for revision!