- # of books read: 10
- audiobooks listened to: 2
- ARCs read: 3
- total page count: 2,897 pages
- year total page count: 6,414 pages
February is a short month, and I ended up reading a monster of a book – Godsgrave, by Jay Kristoff. The book is only 448 pages, but the typeset was so small, there were footnotes, and there weren’t even page breaks for each chapter. So, I didn’t read very many books… BUT! Almost all the books I read were 4-star books!
View this post on Instagram
It's laundry day again, and this week I'm reading an ARC from Edelweiss – Onyx and Ivory by @mindeearnettauthor Love that the main character has my name! #advancedreaderscopy #onyxandivory #mindeearnett #bookstagram #edelweissabovethetreeline #currentlyreading #laundromat
I requested a bunch of ARCs from EdelweissPlus. Onyx and Ivory was the first, and I loved it! The story has a lot about horses, and a protagonist named Kate, and the while the worldbuilding wasn’t hugely original (basically the same rules as the Shadow and Bone series), it was easy to fall right into the story.
I picked up The Last Gargoyle and Witch Boy on a whim, someone had just returned them to the library and I liked the covers. I also haven’t read much middle grade lately so it was a nice change of pace. The Last Gargoyle takes place in Boston, which was really cool, and both of these were fun, fast reads.
This was another ARC, but one the author contacted me about personally! We had met on Goodreads a while back and I was thrilled for her to send me an advanced copy of her novel! The Art of Escaping features a main character learning how to be an escape artist, and on the whole this was a really unique and quirky story.
Third ARC of the month: Lizzie, by Dawn Ius. Of course I’m down for a retelling of Lizzie Borden. This took some creative liberties with actual facts from the case, which made for a fascinating read. The descriptions were super gory! I’m a fan of Amy Lukavics, and I’d highly recommend it for her readers.
- Best Overall: Six of Crows, but by a very narrow margin!
- Least Favorite: Revolution
- Best Romance: Kate and Corwin from Onyx & Ivory
- Best Ending: Godsgrave
- Best Audiobook: Goodbye Days
- Fastest Read: The Witch Boy (1 day)
- Slowest Read: Godsgrave (17 days)
The full list (links take you to my Goodreads reviews):
- Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly (audiobook)
- Onyx & Ivory by Mindee Arnett (ARC)
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (ebook)
- Follow Me Back by A.V. Geiger (Wattpad)
- Goodbye Days by Jeff Zentner (audiobook)
- The Last Gargoyle by Paul Durham
- The Witch Boy by Molly Ostertag (graphic novel)
- Godsgrave (Nevernight #2) by Jay Kristoff
- The Art of Escaping by Erin Callahan (ARC)
- Lizzie by Dawn Ius (ARC)