- # of books read: 16
- audiobooks listened to: 3
- graphic novels read: 4
- total page count: 3,727 pages
- year total page count: 16,228 pages
Even higher reading totals than last month! I’m on a roll!
As usual, I was pleased to read another Patricia Briggs book. Burn Bright is the fifth book in the Alpha & Omega series, and had a great mystery involving the fae and the wildling wolves that Anna and Charles had to solve while Bran was off dealing with Mercy’s situation.
I picked up Ripper because I met the agent who represents this author at a recent writers conference. This story is very different from the similar book Stalking Jack the Ripper, because the main character has a psychic link to the killer! It was a thrilling read, great for a rainy, London-esque day.
Both of these were super quick reads! Bring Me Their Hearts is an upcoming YA zombie fantasy with a snarky heroine that was super fun to read. I’ll definitely be looking forward to reading the rest of this trilogy. In a Cottage in a Wood was one that caught my eye as I was checking in books at the library, and apparently I have a penchant for thrillers set in isolated locales in the UK.
I’ve had The Killer in Me on my shelf for over a year, since I met the author at the Boston Book Festival back in 2016. (I have this bad habit of buying books and getting them signed and then not reading them for a very, very long time.) This is another book represented by the agent I met at the conference, which was a great excuse for me to stop putting off reading it! This book features another psychic link with a killer, but there’s lot of other psychological stuff going on and the setting was very different.
- Unexpected Favorite: Bring Me Their Hearts
- Favorite Cover: Release
- Coolest Concept: Winnebago Graveyard
- Fastest Read: Bloody Mary (any of the volumes) (1/2 hour)
- Slowest Read: House of Furies (28 days)
The full list (links take you to my Goodreads reviews):
- Burn Bright (Alpha & Omega #5) by Patricia Briggs
- Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng (audiobook)
- Ripper by Amy Carol Reeves
- Winnebago Graveyard by Steve Niles (graphic novel)
- DIY Circus Lab for Kids by Jackie Leigh Davis
- House of Furies by Madeleine Roux (ebook)
- In a Cottage in a Wood by Cass Green
- A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro (audiobook)
- Bloody Mary volume 1 by Akaza Samamiya (manga)
- Bring Me Their Hearts by Sara Wolf (ARC)
- Bloody Mary volume 2 by Akaza Samamiya (manga)
- Release by Patrick Ness (audiobook)
- Bloody Mary volume 3 by Akaza Samamiya (manga)
- The Killer in Me by Margot Harrison
- More Than This by Patrick Ness (ebook)
- Gem & Dixie by Sara Zarr