- # of books read: 12
- audiobooks read: 3
- series books read: 4
- total page count: 3,272 pages
- year total page count: 39,524 pages
This month had a little less reading than last month, given that I was writing a novel, but there were some really great ones in this bunch. I had 5 4-star books and even 1 5-star book!
There are so many series right now that I need to finish. Kingdom of Ash just came out, and I still hadn’t read Tower of Dawn, so I decided that needed to happen, like, now. It was strange to have a Throne of Glass story without Aelin, but I ended up liking Chaol and the other characters.
I’ve got a bunch of other series enders on my TBR, like Immortal Reign and War Storm and Queen of Air and Darkness… I’m just drowning in my TBR, for real.
GUYS THIS BOOK WAS THE BEST. I think this is one of my only 5-star reads of the year, except for The Cruel Prince. This was seriously the cutest story and I loved it so, so much. I wish I hadn’t had to wait so long to read it. I wish I had bought a copy. I hope there will be a special collector’s edition. And these two had better team up to write another book together, because this met every one of my expectations.
Did you know that Lois Duncan’s 1974 novel Down a Dark Hall was recently made into a movie? I didn’t either, until a friend brought it over for movie night. My brain was confusing some aspects of this book with Duncan’s other novel, Daughters of Eve (which I kept thinking was called Daughters of Darkness), so I requested this from the library. The movie was a fairly solid adaptation, with some additional things that only made it better, in my opinion.
The fun thing about library books and other used books is that sometimes you find stuff inside them. Writing, notes, and in this instance, a kinda creepy family portrait.
Catching up on reading all my OwlCrate books was high on my priority list, and I’ve heard a lot of buzz about The Hazel Wood. I loved the book within a book concept, and twisted fairy tales are always a good time. These fairy tales are really dark! I’m not sure how the sequel will be, but I liked this so much I added it to my TBR list. Good thing it’s not out yet or I’d feel overwhelmed.
- Best Cover: The Hazel Wood
- Cutest Love Story: What If It’s Us
- Most Reminiscent of My Childhood: Braced
- Fastest Read: The House with a Clock in Its Walls
- Slowest Read: Tower of Dawn (about 300 pages longer than any other book I read this month, to be fair)
The full list (links take you to my Goodreads reviews):
- Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass #6) by Sarah J. Maas
- Braced by Alyson Gerber (ebook)
- See What I Have Done by Sarah Schmidt (audiobook)
- What If It’s Us by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera
- The Lost Sisters by Holly Black (audiobook)
- The Agony House by Cherie Priest
- Down a Dark Hall by Lois Duncan
- The House with a Clock in Its Walls by John Bellairs
- Runaways, Volume 2: Best Friends Forever by Rainbow Rowell (graphic novel)
- The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert
- P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han (To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before #2) (audiobook)
- A Million Junes by Emily Henry