Queries & Writing
- 11 queries sent
- 1 full request
- Into the Mist – I’m still more or less around 50K, but only because I’m rewriting a lot of the old draft. I got a little sidetracked by….
- Mushroom Apocalypse story – a short story inspired by a weird fact I found on Tumblr. More on this once it’s complete! (hey, at least I wasn’t sidetracked by an entire novel)
- Created an author Facebook profile (give me a like or a follow!)
- Gained about 100 new Instagram followers (you can follow me there as well!)
- Finished posting The Last Time We Met over on Wattpad (maybe you’d like to read it?) and it’s now at over 4K reads, while Hitchhikers has been blowing up and now has over 24K reads!
- Read 16 books
- Genre breakdown: 4 fantasy, 2 dystopian, 2 thriller, 1 contemporary, 2 historical, 3 graphic novel, 1 science fiction
- Format breakdown: 8 hardcover, 3 audiobook, 3 paperback, 2 ebook.
- Source breakdown: 13 library, 3 personal, 1 Wattpad.
Other Life Goals
- Aerial Stuff: Have almost gotten an aerial hammock move that I’ve been working on for a few weeks/months!
- Handstands: I’ve been able to kick up into a handstand and hit a balance position about 50% of the time (I’m not trying to hold the position yet)
- Bookbinding: I’ve been teaching myself this craft and created 2 case-bound books. They both have flaws, but I’m eager to correct my mistakes in future projects, and to try a few different binding methods.
- Embroidery: Completed 1 small embroidery project.
- Binge-watching: Watched Bridgerton Season 1, Cobra Kai Season 3, The Alienist Season 2, Justified Seasons 5-6, The Queen’s Gambit, Santa Clarita Diet Seasons 1-3, Night Stalker: The Hunt for a Serial Killer, A Teacher, Scream Queens Seasons 1-2
- Completed this puzzle
It’s kind of nice to see all this laid out, since I feel like January was spent binge-watching. I’m hoping to keep up my reading pace in February and continue to plug away at my writing projects.
What are you up to? Do you feel like January was a good start to your 2021 goals?