This week on The Page Half Full, I talk about how I redefined success when my writing journey didn’t follow that path of write a novel, get an agent, get published, become a bestseller (yet…).
Some successes are so small you might ignore them. And some small successes at that opportune time can feel like a massive breakthrough! Here I wanted to share a list of various little successes anyone can achieve in their writing journey.
- That feeling of inspiration
- Finding the perfect word
- Typing “THE END”
- Completing a revision
- Sending out your first query
- A positive rejection
- Filling an entire notebook or journal with your words
- Getting a new story idea
- When the words just flow
- Meeting a new writer friend
- Getting a comment on a story posted online
- Realizing what your story’s theme is
- Reading an old story and realizing how far your writing has come
- When someone tells you your story reminds them of [insert favorite author/book here]
What little success have you had in your writing?