It has been a hot minute since I last posted an update – I’ve been dealing with some writer’s block, and while I still haven’t fully broken through that, I do have a few things you all might be interested in!
My Wolf Point series is on sale over at Smashwords! You can find book 1, Hitchhikers, and two of the prequel novellas for free, and books 2-4 are available for 50% off. The sale goes until July 31, so be sure to head over there ASAP! There are tons of other great ebooks for sale as well.
That’s right, in a rare turn of events I will be appearing in person! The event is at my local indie bookstore, The Toadstool Bookshop, on Sunday July 24 at 1 p.m. (yes, that is indeed TOMORROW!). I’m teaming up with another self-published author, Kelsey Gallant, to talk about our experiences in self-publishing. I’m both excited and nervous since my last in-person event was pre-COVID and my last event where I actually had to talk was probably five years ago. If you live in the southern New Hampshire area, please consider stopping by to say hi!
What else has happened since my last post eight months ago?
- Into the Mist is posted on Wattpad in its entirety for your reading pleasure
- I’ve been posting Mitzi & Oz on Wattpad
- I had my first aerial silks performance last month! It was a great distraction from writing, and I loved the whole process of developing a performance piece and watching my fellow performers refine theirs. You can watch both my rehearsal and the final piece (some last minute changes were made for safety reasons).
- Waiting Room hit 2 million reads!
- I’ve been doing a lot of aerial and art and reading since my writing inspiration has dried up. It’s been nice getting together with friends and going out and things being kind of back to normal.
- I became an aerial yoga teacher at Aerial Moon
- I have two substantial works-in-progress that are progressing at a glacial pace: one I’m calling Tunnel Story and the other is a sequel to Waiting Room called Breathing Room.
I’m hoping to start posting more and trying to get my head back in the game, but… we shall see. Maybe I should take some of my own advice!