It’s been a little while since my last progress check, so let’s see where I’m at with those 2019 goals!
Super secret new projectMitzi & Oz: complete at 57,834 words (not quite the 60K goal, but close!)
- Working Title: Boy Possession Story: now has a title – My Possessed Boyfriend.
The goal is to have this story outlined before Camp Nanowrimo in April.I missed Camp in April and attempted in July, got a little over 10K written before losing steam. This goal is now on the backburner.
- The Victim’s Ball, Draft 3:
currently being beta read by critique partnerDraft 4 revision complete!
- We Live in the Dark:
Have not touched in 2 months Transferred to a Scrivener document so I can see the story’s structure.Final draft complete!
- Queries sent:
- Rejections: 8
- Requests: 2 full requests!
I’ve made a lot of progress in my old goals, so it’s time to set some new ones!
New Goals & Updates
- Murder Ballads story (working title: The Silent Grove): This is an idea that has been rattling around in my brain for a long time, and I think it might be ready to be born. This may be my Nanowrimo novel – stay tuned!
- Mitzi & Oz, Draft 2: work on revision using feedback from critique group
- We Live in the Dark, Draft 2: work on revision using feedback from critique partner
Mitzi & Oz will be the harder revision, first because I love the characters, and second because I fear this novel needs major reconstruction. We Live in the Dark has a good structure and mostly needs more tweaking.
So I have some big updates!
Shortly after my last progress check, Waiting Room hit #1 in its genre on Wattpad, and is now almost to 1 million reads! Because of that, I was recently invited to become a Wattpad Star!! That means my works posted on Wattpad (Waiting Room, My Zombie Girlfriend, Seven Minutes to Midnight, Past Midnight, and Animal Nature) will be considered for opportunities available only to Wattpad Stars. These opportunities include publishing deals through Wattpad Books, as well as the possibility to have the film rights sold or have “paid stories” (where Wattpad users would pay to read my stories).
I’m super excited about this, and it leaves me with a couple of new goals:
- Waiting Room synopsis: Wattpad Stars requires a 500-word synopsis and mine is currently twice that long…
- Finish Past Midnight and Animal Nature
What projects are you working on? What kind of progress have you made?